The RKP Senior Portrait Experience Includes:
Pre-Session Consultation. We will meet to craft a session based on locations, lighting, clothing and styling that culminate in a session plan that is completely original to you.
Extended Shooting Session. Senior sessions are 2 – 3 hours in length. Family sessions are 1 – 1.5 hours. These extended sessions give us the time for creative exploration.
– For seniors, we will combine various locations, outfits and moods to capture the unique complexity that defines you.
– For families, we will not only capture the dynamics of your group and the personality of individuals, but also the special connections that exist within families, such as husband and wife, siblings, mother and daughter, father and son, grandparents and grandchildren, etc.
No Limits. There are no pre-set limits on the number of outfits, locations or ideas that you may want to incorporate into your session.
Art Work & Retouching. Portrait sessions generally result in about 35 to 55 finished proofs. Each proof is completely retouched and optimized to present the best version of you.
Proof Viewing & Ordering Session. I will invite you into the studio for a theater-style presentation of your proofs. After the presentation, we will go through the proofs and take as much time as necessary to decide on your portrait order. You will be able to compare proofs side-by-side and in a variety of formats and real-life sizes to make the selection process fun and easy.
Make-Up Artist Option (Senior Sessions). We have an option of including a make-up artist for your senior session ($125). Our make-up artist, Elin, has worked with RKP for over 8 years and with hundreds of our seniors. Most of our seniors don’t wear a lot of make up, and Elin knows how to create a fresh and clean look that holds up well for the camera. It is a lot of fun for the girls, and adds to the special feeling we hope to create with our Senior Portrait Experience.
The Session Fee: $250
The session fee includes the pre-session consultation, extended shooting session, art work and retouching, and the proof-viewing and ordering session.
Portrait Pricing: All prints, albums, canvases and other product offerings are purchased a la carte. To review pricing for all our offerings, you may download our senior portrait catalog or our family portrait catalog.
Perfecting the artwork on your portraits generally takes about 4 weeks from our session date. In peak seasons, it may take longer, so it is important to discuss any client-specific deadlines in advance.
The main point of this experience is to give you something uniquely yours. As such, great care is take to make sure you receive portraits that reflect everything you and others love about you.
The initial consultation is very much a collaborative effort between you and Ron to design the perfect portrait session that matches your unique spirit and personality. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination. The session itself will be stress free. You WILL have fun! The proof viewing session will streamline the ordering process so that it is easy and simple for you and your parents.
Our goal is to make the entire process, from beginning to end, the experience of a lifetime. When we are finished, you will have a collection of portraits that you will be proud to share with your friends, and that make you feel as beautiful as you are.
The images that I photograph for you are the ones that I would want someone would shoot for me: Portraits revealing the relationships between me, my wife and my children. Portraits that capture those expressions and details about my kids I know so well today, but fear forgetting as time goes by. Portraits that speak to that thing inside me that changed forever the day each of my daughters was born.
I photograph this way because, intuitively, it feels right. It feels like the most important thing I can do with the time I get to share with your family.
Although the focus of Ron Klein Photography is the creation of heirloom portrait artwork, we understand that some clients desire digital options as well. We offer several options:
1. We post multiple images form each session on our social media sites. These are studio-branded images that are free to share as long as they are not altered and the studio copyright is protected.
2. Clients may choose to purchase up to 3 individual images with usage rights at $90.00 each. These are appropriate for client-produced holiday cards and graduation announcements, senior ads and yearbooks, fraternity/sorority applications and social media sharing.
3. We offer complete hi-res digital file collections. The collections contains the digital files and usage rights for all of your session proofs. The cost for this collection is $2000 minus the cost of the rest of your order. For example, if a client purchases $1500 worth of other items, she can add the digital collection for an additional $500. Portrait orders of $2000 or more include a complimentary digital file collection.
There isn’t really a best time of year, but there might be a best time for you. Some like to schedule a session based on their seasonal preference in clothing and/or type of location. Others give greater consideration to weather and want to avoid the heat of summer or the cold of winter.
Keep in mind that we normally shoot on weekdays and in the late afternoon/early evening. Family sessions start about 1.5 hours before sunset, and senior sessions about 3 to 3.5 hours before sunset. From late Fall through early Spring, early sunsets necessitate earlier sessions. This could require students to leave school or parents to leave work early. Seniors should also plan ahead if they are involved in after-school activities that might make scheduling more difficult. In these cases, a summer session might be the better choice.
Curious what others have to say about Ron Klein Photography? Read the more than 40 5-Star Verified Customer Reviews on Google.